Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Geez!

Yes, I know I'm late getting this post up but life has been seriously crazy here the last few days. Crazy in a good way - but crazy nonetheless. I've had a dinner dance, people staying at my place, 2 days of training (in Dublin), a football match, and training. Yikes! It's keeping me occupied anyhow.
I had a good weekend. Friday I got my hair cut and highlighted (last entry). Saturday I went to the Farmer's Market down in Gorey for a falafel and lemonade and ended up with loads of produce, some yummy cheese (they even had smoke Gouda this week), and some garlic pesto (they were out of the red one). I went up to Partidge's (my favorite 'gourmet food store') and got semi-sundried tomatoes (fabulous in pasta), artichoke hearts, and kalamata olives. I'm making pasta with all of that tonight. Saturday afternoon my friend Liam's date, Clara, showed up at my place to get ready (we had spoken on the phone but hadn't met yet - she's from out of town so I offered my spare room up for getting dressed and made up) and then it was off to the rugby dinner dance.

The dinner was good and the craic was great. Everyone looked fantastic (I had a new dress that I ended up having to get at 4pm since the one I was meant to wear was ripped and I hadn't noticed). It was black-tie so everyone stepped it up a notch. Dinner finished around 11pm, the dancing went on until 2am, and the bar was open until 4am. After that a few of us headed back to my place to drink (until dawn again - you think I'd learn my lesson) and have a bite to eat. It was a great night and I cooked everyone a HUGE fry (Irish Breakfast) and then it was off to the pubs again. I wasn't drinking much but went along for the entertainment (and entertainment there was). Clara had to drive home so I walked back with her and was in bed passed out by 8.30pm. I slept like a baby! It was great.

Monday was training in Dublin. I am SO glad I didn't accept the job offer from up there. That commute is a nightmare. It takes about an hour on a good day. At rush hour it takes well over 2 hours. I was training for an advanced course in Microsoft Project (scheduling program) and the course itself was okay. I got to have sushi for lunch- it was a bit expensive but REALLY good. I hadn't had it in over a year, which made me appreciate it that much more.

Monday night was a friendly (aka 'scrimmage' in the States) that took place a good bit south of my already long drive home. I got a ride with a few of the other girls who were running late and haven't laughed that hard in ages. When we got there (in the messy rain) the other team was short players so all of our subs (myself included) went to play for them. I ended up scoring a goal against my own team, which the girls thought was brilliant because it's the first time I've scored in a regular match.
Tuesday I was back up to Dublin to finish my class and then Gaelic Football (since soccer is done, it's just 'football' unless stated otherwise) training last night. It was a rainy training, but fairly warm. I was exhausted by the time I got home. It was the kind of tired where you just sink right into the mattress and think you might actually become part of the mattress. Sleep felt good.

Somewhere in all of that, I managed to get a few pics from the weekend off my camera. And here goes!

This is Clara and I just after dinner (so fairly early on in the evening).


This is everyone at about 3am. Drink much??

And this is my friend Tracy and I (today is her 20th anniversary with her husband, by the way!)

All in all, a very good weekend. It will be so nice to just cook dinner and watch a DVD tonight. I have Brokeback Mountain and The Departed. I'm looking more forward to the Departed, but I may get Brokeback Mountain watched and sent back so I can get the next movie. We'll see. Hope you're all surviving and enjoying the fact that you're halfway through the workweek already!!! ;-)

No comments: