Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Month

I suck. I know. If it makes you feel any better - my house is a mess, I have no food in it, I haven't consolidated my loans, and it's almost the end of January and we still haven't sent Danny's parents their Christmas presents because I haven't had time to finish the scrapbook. I'm exhausted. I need a full 48 hours of nothing but sleep.

It's Saturday and I'm working and it's the only reason I have time to type this, although it means that none of the other stuff on the list above that I'm meant to be taking car of is getting done. Oh, well. Such is life. Winter is not meant to be this busy!

Spring is going to be busy though. I've got visitors every month from here until summer. Heather's taking Ireland by storm next month and I can't WAIT. I haven't seen her since her commitment ceremony two years ago but she's the kind of person who can turn a horrible night into a good memory by knowing just the right thing to say. That, and I haven't had a decent short skirts/long jackets night out in ages!

March is my cousin Alex and her boyfriend (also my former co-worker) Andy. That should be good fun and they're renting a car so I won't feel bad if I can't entertain them because I'm working some of the week. It's St. Patrick's Day so I'll have a day or two off anyhow - which will be nice.

April is my mom and cousin Dorothy (my dad's cousin, really). Mom knows all the tricks and spots to go and I think they're renting a car during the week too, so also an easy visit (I just feel bad when people come and I have to work - I feel like I'm neglecting them!). It's my birthday while they're here - although my sister Shaine is pissed that she's stuck home with Dad for her 21st!

May is my Aunt Sharon (Alex's mom) and her friend Deyette. They're a fun couple of gals and they'll be in and out and around the country. I have to do a bit of research for castles they can stay in. I really liked Kinnitty castle, so I think I'm going to check into it. You feel like a princess stepped back into medieval times when you're there - just with all of the modern conveniences.

I'm sure summer will see Mom and Dad back and I think they want to bring Shaine and her boyfriend Greg too. How we'll get everyone around is beyond me - maybe rent a minivan?? Who knows, who cares?

So busy, busy, busy - but plenty of room for more visitors if you want to stop over too!!! I've got to go check on the boys - I'm hoping they want to get out of here as badly as I do so they'll finish up early. I don't think they took any lunch break, which is a good sign that they might be finished up soon! I'll keep my fingers crossed! ;-)

1 comment:

dykesofourlives said...

Of course I can turn a crappy night into a good one...or at least when you wake up in the morning!! I can't wait...soon...soooo sooon