Friday, December 08, 2006

Doh!

That was my reaction when I saw the next movie screenclick.com was sending my way. Ice Age 2. That would be grand expect that I haven't seen the first one yet. Oh, well. I suppose it won't make too much difference. I'm reverting to cartoon movies and toys to help try and get into the holiday spirit but I haven't been very successful so far.

My soccer match on Sunday has already been cancelled. The field is waterlogged. It figures that even when it's NOT raining the rain still puts a damper on things (no pun intended). I don't suppose the game would have happened anyhow because the forecast is calling for heavy rain to cause flooding on Sunday. Another lovely Irish winter day.

I don't really have much else planned for the weekend. I could stand to clean the house. It's been a couple of weeks since the bathrooms got a good scrubbing and the laundry could use some catching up on. There's a 21st birthday party tonight, but it's up in Arklow and I'm not really much in the mood to head up there for the night. I'd rather sleep snugly in my own bed and sleep in as long as I want in the morning. Maybe catch up on some of the shows my mom tapes for me.

One thing I have to do this weekend is head to the post office. I've got to get Christmas presents sent home before it's too late! My cards have to go out as well. I'm going to try a few more post offices if I have to to find the Air Mail Holiday stamps. For one, I'm curious. Secondly, Christmas just won't be the same without holiday stamps. Yes, my friends, it's the little things.

I'm off to finish up some work and take a walk down on site while the sun is shining. I think we might make it through the first day in weeks without rain today. It's a lovely brisk and sunny day (although I may have spoken too soon because when I looked out the window I noticed some dark clouds....).

Have a great weekend and see you next week!! ;-)

No comments: