Friday, October 13, 2006

Happy Friday the 13th!


I'm sorry for those of you who are anti-Friday the 13th, but today is a lucky day for me and I LIKE the few chances I get to enjoy it. I've got a few theories on why this might be the case but the front-runner is this: Friday the 13th is a lucky day for me simply because I am the unluckiest woman in the world every other day of the year and God felt like I was owed one. Seriously. I'm not the type of unlucky where I buy a scratch card and don't win. I'm the kind of unlucky where the Lottery cash register jams up so I can't even BUY the scratch card. Really - that happened to me last month. So I'm starting this Friday off with a smile on my face.

There's another reason for starting the day off with a smile on my face... A certain best friend of mine is having baby #2 today!! No, she won't be late. It's a c-section. I guess the doctor's office called her about 10 times to ask if she realized it was Friday the 13th and make sure she didn't mind. Good thing she's not superstitious, eh? After asking her about it myself I found out that not only is this baby being BORN on Friday the 13th, it was CONCEIVED on Friday the 13th. I told her if he/she comes out with little devil horns and an evil laugh instead of the traditional crying, we'll know why.

On another note - I'm a country music fan. They only country music they play over here is on 'Southeast Radio' on Saturday nights. There aren't any country music radio stations, no country music videos, and I certainly haven't seen any country music stars performing concerts over here. Lucky for me, I have my Launchcast Radio. It's an online radio that has loads of different stations you can tune into anywhere you've got an inernet connection. There's rock, pop, country, rap, classical, alternative... you name it. You can listen for free or pay a small subscription fee (which I did - well worth it). Just a way to keep in touch with the latest releases and what's going on at home. I know I'll be home in a few weeks riding along in the car and will say 'Wow! That's a great new song' and somebody will laugh and say 'New? That's been overplayed for about 6 months now!' and I'll be missing out on all the latest music. Damn the British for hogging airwaves! :-)

I was looking through some fairly recent photos and found this one of my Gaelic Football team. I liked the pic and thought they'd earned some face time on my blog since I talk about training and matches so much. This was taken after we lost the county final match. We play the same team on Sunday. If they had this much fun after a loss, can you imagine the fun when we win on Sunday? Just a fun party pic to get your weekend started. Have a good one!! ;-)

No comments: