Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mmm....

I just finished the BEST cup of hot chocolate ever. It's made by Nestle and it's called Aero. It's bubbly and smooth and creamy and just plain yummy! Especially after waking up to a morning like today. It was FREEZING out. Literally. I started my car and turned on the windshield wipers and it was all ice. It was 2 degrees Celsius by the time I went outside, which is in the low 30's in F. That's apparently cold enough to make the little temperature read-out on my dashboard blink. Too cold for me in October!

On a note of good news - we won our Gaelic match on Sunday so we're still in the running for the league championship. It was a close game and we came from behind to beat Bray by 2 points. The weather was ridiculous. It rained so hard you couldn't see the other side of the pitch at times. If it had started earlier they probably would have put the match off for another week or two but we were already there and ready to go, so what could you do?

Earlier on Sunday was my team's first soccer match. That didn't go quite as well. We were beat 7-3 and I think we broke the world record for most illegal throw-ins in a single match. There had to be over a dozen... At least we could all laugh about it. It was, after all, the first time most of the girls had played a soccer match and most of those who HAD played before only played half a match because of the Gaelic match in the afternoon. The team we played was the best in the league. Everything from diving headers to attempts at scissor kicks. A few even had soccer balls tattooed on their thighs. Think they take the game seriously?

What else? Let's see... I went to a great surprise birthday party on Saturday. It was my friend Darragh's dad. He turned 60 and he never suspected a thing. He's best friends with the owner of the hotel it was held at so the party was well put together and completely over the top. They were pushing to fill your glass there was so much wine and the food spread was great! The best were the guests though. What a fun crowd! The birthday boy's brother was a sweet older Irishman and he kept singing me old Irish love songs. So cute!

As per usual the weekend flew by too quickly but another one is just around the corner. Only a little over 2 weeks before I'm back in the States! Yeah!!! ;-)

No comments: