Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Faster! No! Slower! No, I mean Faster!!

Get your head out of the gutter. I'm talking about TIME. This week is crazy. I want it to slow up a little because it's been insanely busy, but at the same time I want it to hurry up and get over with because Crystal and Kara get here early on Saturday. SWEET! Now to figure out how to fit in everything I have to do before they get here!

I'm trying to get a quick post in because I have a Gaelic match tonight. They couldn't play over the weekend so we have to hurry up and rush to Kilcoole after work because they don't have lights on their pitch and if we get there late, we'll be playing in the dark. Ugh. Good thing it stays light out until after 8pm now. We should JUST be able to squeeze it in. Hopefully the rain will stay away until then too.

Tomorrow night I'm going to try to get my grocery shopping done for the weekend and start of next week. Friday would be the only other day I could do it and I don't know what's open since it's Good Friday. It's the only day besides Christmas that the even the pubs close down so I doubt much else will be open. I think I'll head into work anyhow though to try to save a vacation day.

Thursday is training and my co-worker Dave's unofficial going away party. I think that means the younger crowd gets to go out with reckless abandon and not worry about embarrassing themselves in front of company directors.

Friday is work and then last minute getting ready for the girls and early to bed so I can get them in Dublin in the morning. Saturday morning I'll pick them up, bring them back for a big ol' home cooked Irish breakfast and then let them take a nap. Then it's off to the rugby match and drinking!! How's THAT for a very Irish first day in Ireland?

I booked our flights to London yesterday. It's been decided that we'll fly over early on Wed., take the Express train into the city and get hop-on/hop-off bus tickets. That will let us see everything a tourist would want to see in the city and includes 3 walking tours - one which starts at 6pm and is a ghost/haunted pub crawl. We'll get done with that just in time to take the train back to the airport and catch our flight to Dublin, where we'll land at 11pm. Not bad for a day of country hopping! Oh! Somewhere in the middle there we're meant to meet up with my old roommate Sion for lunch! He lives and works there now. So excited!

The rest of the week is still pretty much up in the air but there's Waterford, Dublin, Glendalough.... Loads of things to choose from. I'll leave it up to the girls and what they feel like doing on any given day. Makes you want to visit, doesn't it?

I'd love to write more but I've really got to get back to work. This whole going between two sites is killing me work-wise, but at least the day goes by faster!!! More later this week!! ;-)

No comments: