Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Textbook or Novel?

Today I've spent a good portion of my day reading at work. It's a nice change of pace, though I don't know where I'm supposed to bill the hours to. I suppose I'll find someplace to bill them. I had to stop by the main office last night to pick up a book from my boss. He has somehow hand-picked me to become one of his new scheduling gurus. Later this month I'm heading to an advanced course dealing with Microsoft Project. It's a 2-day ordeal up in Dublin (the traffic ought to be fun to battle).

Anyhow - I was expecting the book to be a textbook style thing, but it's really written more like a novel with a storyline. It makes it a bit more interesting because it flows a bit more smoothly and it tells the story and explains the logic from the viewpoints of a few different characters. I suppose there are worse things I could have to do for work!

I'm INSANELY tired today. Like delusionally tired. I've been awake since 3am and I mean WIDE awake - not even that drifting in and out of sleep where you don't get a great night's sleep but at least you get something. I had a bad dream about something (I don't even remember what) and was just straight awake until I got up to come to work. I tried getting a drink, walking around a little, turning off the heat (it's only on for half an hour on timer during the night anyhow) but nothing worked. Guess I'll make up for it and sleep well tonight.

I really want to skip training and go sleep, but I also feel a bit more fit lately and my jeans seem to button a little more easily, which is always a good motivator to keep going. Besides, I'm in charge of texting everyone to make sure they show up so I kind of feel like I should set an example. So off to training it is. Here's to hoping I don't pass out in the middle of the pitch! ;-)

No comments: