Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Deadly!!

'Deadly' is my new favorite 'Irish word'. It means 'cool' or 'awesome'. Sunday night was deadly!! I meant to go out for 1 or 2 drinks and instead ended up out UNTIL 1 or 2. Actually, it wasn't quite that late, but it was certainly late enough. Damn Lisa and her double vodka and Red Bulls!! My blog has been a bit bare lately so I made certain I took photos to entertain you all:

This is a typical Sunday out at the pub... band jamming, people dancing:

Then you throw in a few football players and change pubs:

Then head to a true 'local' pub for a sing-song and to finish the night:

Deidre was really thirsty (above) but in the end decided to share her Mickey Finns with the rest of us (below). Thanks, Dee!


It was a really fun (though unexpected) night out and was well worth being a bit tired yesterday at work. I didn't feel so bad because I was still really productive and got quite a bit done. Boy, was I glad to see my bed last night though!

I'm hoping the weather these past few days is an indication of what summer is going to be like. It's been beautiful!! I even fired up the grill for some steak, seasoned potatoes, and brussel sprouts (very popular here and came out pretty damn good for my first time cooking them). The clocks changed on Saturday night so the days are much longer. It's already light until after 7pm - I'm looking forward to training in natural light. The lights on the pitch just aren't the same!!

So I'm off to head down to my other project to work on the schedule. I've apparently been picked by my boss to present it to all of the owners, architects, staff, etc. on Friday. THAT ought to be interesting, considering it has over 1100 items on it and I only started working with it last week and a half!! I'll keep you posted on how that turns out! ;-)

No comments: