Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ouch!!

That is HOT. I've always been a Matthew McConaughey fan and this pic, posted on TMZ, solidified that. Wow. Take me to THAT beach please!! sorry - I couldn't help it. That photo needs to be seen and enjoyed.

I've been a bit of a slacker with my posting this week, but I didn't realize how much of a slacker until I did a quick check of my blog before I left work yesterday and noticed I hadn't posted since Friday. We're pricing another job here, so it's been a bit hectic. Most of it got done yesterday, so I should at least have my breaks and lunchtime back now. I'm moving up to Arklow next week, which means I'll have broadband access and be able to blog at home a little more easily as well.

Last weekend was fun. Friday was kind of quite. The highlight was going out for a seafood dinner and they served scalloped potatoes! I love those and haven't seen them since I've been here. Granted, they called them something different, but they tasted the same.

Saturday was a good amount of fun. There were no major incidents during the 'God Save the Queen' at the rugby match. I realized for the first time that the song 'My Country 'Tis of Thee' is written to the same tune as the English national anthem. Yes, I'm a little slow sometimes. I met up with my friends Sue and Sue to watch the match at about 5.30pm and ended up out for about 10 hours. That's a lot of drinking for out-of-practice me. Yikes! I had a great time though. I ran into a lot of people I know and made some new friends along the way.

My soccer match wasn't until 2pm, but it still made for a long match. The small tear in my quad from sprinting the week before still hadn't healed and I probably would have sat a half out but we only had 11 players. I don't think my quad is ever going to get better and that's insanely annoying because I was enjoying the workout and getting in shape and I can only do everything half-assed when it's hurt.

As I mentioned before, I'm moving into a new place in Arklow next week. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment on the 3rd floor. It overlooks the river and marina and is about as close to everything in town as you can get. It's a really nice place - fully furnished, as rented apartments tend to be in Ireland. Our old place is online and up for rent so I'll be spending tonight and tomorrow night cleaning the house in case anybody wants to look at it. I'm not looking forward to that at all. I've been so busy with training and everything else that I haven't had time to keep up with housework. Did I mention I hate moving? Ugh.

Anyhow - time to get back to work. I've got to go walk a guy through an area for pricing crane hire. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?? ;-)

No comments: