Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I was so close I could almost TOUCH him!!

Dave Matthews, that is. Sorry to any of you who got random texts on Monday night to that effect, but I was excited and sent a text to anyone who knew who he was (which eliminates most of the numbers over this side of the pond). The show was amazing.

Dave played with Tim Reynolds, which I was hoping for and was excited to see. I'd never seen one of his acoustical shows and they're WAY more mellow. It was like he was playing in a big coffee house. Everyone stayed seated and you could walk up the isles to take photos. I was seriously 10 feet away from him. He's a good entertainer. He had the whole crowd laughing and talked to people in between songs.

He played some new stuff and lots of old stuff. Satellite, Crash, #41, Some Devil. The encore alone was 5 songs long! Well worth the money and the trip to Dublin and now I'm SO psyched to see him play with the rest of the band at The Point in May. Sorry I've got to keep this short - it's been kind of busy at work this week but should chill out a bit tomorrow. Hope you're having a good week. Happy Hump Day!!! ;-)

No comments: