Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Blast From the Past

I just had to hop on and write a quick bit about this pen. Yes, a pen. As in the writing instrument. Like the one in the photo. Have you ever seen one of those before? I want to laugh every time I go into a meeting with the engineers where I work because I remember those pens from when I was about 5. Yeah - as in over 20 years ago! Grandma used to get them for us from school to play with and we (or at least I) thought they were the coolest thing ever. One pen with four colors!! Way cool! I honestly haven't seen them since my first few years of elementary school though and so every time I go into a meeting and see all of the big, grown up engineers using them, it serves as a reminder of just how behind the times some things are over here. I can't help it - I associate those pens with the 80's and playing with Barbies!! Just my quick little thought for the day! ;-)

No comments: