Monday, February 05, 2007

Welcome Back

Welcome back to the start of the workweek. I'm kind of tired and a bit sore so it's another slow start to the work week. I'm going to hold off going into much detail about the weekend until I get some of my photos off of my camera. A story is always much more interesting when there is a picture to go along with it.

It was a long weekend with lots of dancing and a little bit of soccer and a lot of lack of sleep. I caught up on some last night but I'm looking forward to my comfy bed (and new pillow that I treated myself to yesterday) when I get home tonight. I'm skipping out on 45 minutes of indoor tonight because I have one hell of a knot in my right calf and I would rather miss tonight and be in good form tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the start of the Gaelic football season. I'm looking forward to it because I need to get back in shape and from the sounds of things our new trainer is intent on getting us there. At the same time I'm dreading it because I need to get back in shape... which means I'm not... which means the first few training sessions will probably be a bit painful. My only comfort is in knowing that most of the other girls on the team are at least as out of shape as I am. I've been in worse shape, but I've certainly been in better!

I've actually got a couple of topics to touch on this week: the Celtic Tiger, the Irish housing/land market, cross country running in Ireland, and turf. In the meantime, wish me good luck in getting a lovely long night's sleep! ;-)

No comments: