Thursday, November 16, 2006

The color may be penetrating...

I think the blonde highlights are getting to me. I sat down last night and took all of the photos off my camera so I could post some new pics on here. I looked on the disc I burnt them to when I got in and somehow managed to burn all OLD photos on and none of the new. So tomorrow's the day I guess. Oh, well.

I love that my friends and family are good enough to tape my favorite shows at home and send them over to me on VHS. I especially love that my former roommate Kelly DVR's them and when she taped them she left out the commercials and everything! It was sweet. I sat through 3 episodes of Prison Break the other night, two the next night, and one episode of Bones last night. They're all in order and she didn't miss a single one before her VCR blew out.

I was looking online and they have this really cool thing called a Slingbox which allows anyone with a TV and broadband to 'sling' anything they can watch on their TV to anywhere in the world that has a computer and broadband. Unfortunately, I don't qualify because Eircom (the phone company) is slow to get broadband upgraded and we don't get it as far out as we live. It would be great to see some of the new shows people talk about and watch the local news on occasion. Kind of like being at home in my own living room. I even watch the commercials on the tapes my mom sends over sometimes just so I can catch up on news bulletins and the latest products. It's terrible!

I've finally got training tonight. It's going to be cold, but it should be dry. I don't think it's supposed to get out of the 30's here tomorrow. Brrr.... That's cold for Ireland. I never made it to the gym last night. It took me over an hour to get home, which is about twice as long as usual, between the rain and wind and slow traffic. You know it's bad when the Irish radio announcer actually uses the word 'brutal' to describe the weather. Is it summer yet? ;-)

No comments: