Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Who likes taking photos?

I DO!!! I FINALLY got my pics from the Halloween party burned to a CD to share with you. I have to say my night started off on a creepy note. I was cooking and heard a knock at the french doors and when I pulled the curtain back I found these two staring me in the face on the other side of the glass:


Yeah - just plain creepy. I think one of my favorite costumes was my friend Noush's boyfriend. He dressed up like Borat and looked great, but he also had a great accent to go with it. Unfortunately, I can't post the accent here so a pic of the two of us will have to do:



I was impressed that everyone dressed up. Baz was certain I'd never get people to do it but we had everything from Cowboys & Indians to cats, Vikings, and baseball players:

It was a fun time and I'm on a photo roll, so expect some from Blarney tomorrow.

I'm back to what seems like a normal training schedule. My Gaelic team lost the league semi-finals but we've still got one game left so back to training Tuesday and Thursdays, with soccer on Wednesdays. Ahh... should keep me fit even if it doesn't leave me with much time.

I stopped into the new spa at the new hotel the other night. They gave me the grand tour and I can tell you that I can't WAIT to book an appointment. I'm waiting to get the price menu in the mail before I do anything too crazy. Maybe I'll treat myself to something simple like a manicure or eyebrow wax this weekend. They can't charge anything too crazy for either of those. Besides, I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 20-something people on Sunday so I'll probably need a break from prepping on Saturday.

Speaking of dinner - I stopped at the grocery store after training last night to pick up some food, since there is NONE in the house, and found sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. I was so excited. I'd been looking and I think maybe they're starting to stock the cranberry sauce for Christmas dinner - I bought 3 small jars of it. I wasn't sure what to expect but I decided to try my luck since I haven't been able to find the sauce or fresh cranberries to make it. I opened a jar when I got home and it was perfect. A sort of mix between the jelly-like stuff you get in a can and the fresh stuff you'd make at home. One questionable ingredient down, only a few more to go.

I think that if customs had stopped me on the way home they would have brought me in for questioning based on the insane contents of my bags: cans of pumpkin, cherry pie filling, and pumpkin bread mix, to name a few. I can't get those things over here and they HAD to be part of my Thanksgiving dinner so they came back in my suitcase. Can't have Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie!!

I have to say that I'm jealous of all of you who have a half day today and the rest of the week off, but who will be laughing at Christmas time when I get a full week and a half off? Or Easter when I get to relapse into the days of 'spring break'? Especially with Crystal and Kara coming! Watch out 'Girls Gone Wild' - you've got nothing on us!

I also received my first package of Christmas presents, which reminded me that I have to get my ass in gear and wrap and send some so they get to the States in time. It's nice to get presents but it's sad to realize I won't be opening them with my family like I have for the other 27 Christmas Days. :-(

I've also got to get my Christmas cards done, so any of you who have moved in the last year or so or would like to receive a Christmas card from me (I like sending them and don't expect them back - so don't worry about that) - send me the new address. Most of you will be getting an e-mail about it shortly anyhow... 33 days 'til Christmas! ;-)

No comments: