Monday, November 20, 2006

Started My Monday with a Giggle


My friend Kara made me start my Monday with a giggle when she referenced this site on the death of VHS. What made me giggle was her point that both she and VHS are 30 and VHS is dead. Well, dead to the commercial world, I suppose. I still haven't upgraded my parents to a DVR and therefore all of my favorite shows are recorded on VHS and sent to me via snail-mail. Yes, I know. Very stone age. It works for me though. I'm allowed to spend several hours of my week wasting away catching up on episodes of Bones, House, The O.C., and Prison Break. Seriously - I don't remember any of my fellow Civil students ever looking like that.

I went to Blarney for the weekend and kissed the Blarney Stone. You have to hang upside down to reach it and this guy holds on to you to make sure you don't plummet down the side of the castle and land on other tourists below. I've obviously been working construction heights for a while because the idea of falling between the wall and the stone and plummeting to my death never really occurred to me. Five years ago (before I had to hang off the edge of buildings to plumb steel at work) I probably would have freaked out about it. Yeah for me overcoming a fear of heights. :-)

I love that my sister Anne is such a night owl. We're 8 hours apart now with her living out in California. Anne's always been one for staying up all night and sleeping all day. She'll try to blame it on her night shifts at Denny's but she was like that well before she ever put on a good ol' Denny's uniform. So I wasn't incredibly surprised to get an e-mail from her at noon here. Yep - 3:30am on a Monday where she is. Leave it to Anne. It was good to hear from her anyways and get to chat back and forth a bit.

I should be posting Halloween pics tomorrow. Something is wrong with the CD I have them on and it won't read properly. I'll use a new CD and see if I can't get them up. It's going to be Christmas by the time I get these silly pics up. Better late than never I suppose.

I'm planning my Thanksgiving menu for this coming Sunday if anyone has any good ideas for things to serve. I know Thursday is traditionally on Thursday but that's one of the few days this year I DON'T have off so I'm going to have to improvise. Any help would be appreciated. ;-)

No comments: